Symbian OS Platform Security/Errata
From Franklin Heath Ltd Wiki
These errata apply to the paper edition; they have been corrected in this wiki edition.
- Rcall::Dial(n) requires NetworkControl capability as well as NetworkServices.
- p.32 (figure 2.4): replace Rcall::Dial(n) with CTelephony::DialNewCall()
- Zero is not a protected SID.
- p.46: replace "0x00000000–0x7FFFFFFF is the ‘protected range’" with "0x00000001–0x7FFFFFFF is the ‘protected range’"
- The text states that lack of the appropriate capability for IPC number 8 in figure 5.1 would complete the message with a KErrPermissionDenied error code, but the figure shows an iAction of EPanicClient.
- The code sample shows the iPolicy for the iOnConnect element as a C1 (single capability) policy, but the figure shows S2.
- The phrases "reverse lookup" and "forward lookup" on p.104 are unclear.
- p.102 (figure 5.1): iAction for iElements should be EFailClient
- p.102 (figure 5.1): iPolicy for iElements should be C1
- p.102 (figure 5.1): iAction for iElements should be EPanicClient
- p.104: second initialiser for myElements should be CPolicyServer::EFailClient
- p.104: second initialiser for myElements should be CPolicyServer::EPanicClient
- p.104 first paragraph of text should read "The process followed to look up the appropriate TPolicyElement could be confusing so, to summarize: The IPC number is first used to do a binary search in iRanges; the index of the result (the range index) is then used as an index into iElementsIndex, and the result of that (the policy index) is used as an index into iElements."
- Cross references to the wrong chapter.
- p.170 ("UID Overload"): change references to Chapter 2 to reference Chapter 3